In Winningtemp there are a couple of different roles you can assign a user in the User directory. Let's go through each of the different roles and how they work.
- The user role is the most common role and is designed for all employees at the company.
- A user can usually see the temperature for the team he/she is in but can vary depending on how your system administrator set up the account.
- Cannot make changes except for the user's own account.
- Is usually a group or department manager.
- A group administrator can see the temperature and comments of the group or department that he/she is responsible for (when the required anonymity level is reached).
- The system administrator has the right to make all changes in the system settings of the organization.
- Has access to all administrative settings and features.
- The system administrator can also see the temperature and comments (anonymous) of the whole organization.
- The support role is usually someone that helps the system administrator with administrative tasks.
- The support user will get access to the same settings and tabs as the system administrator but will not be able to see any data such as temperature or comments.
- Can help out with organization structure or user directory tasks such as inactivating users, creating new users, and assigning group administrators to the right group.
Good to know
Winningtemp is always protecting the anonymity of the user. That means that even though the system- or group administrators can see more information than the users they still can't see anything that can be associated with a particular individual.
2021-10-08 - Rewrote entire article and added user and support role.