Adding administrators to the different groups is important to make sure that you have someone responsible that can get an overview of the group temperature, see the comments and more. By adding group administrators it also becomes easier to start discussing and working with the different group temperatures.
Let's setup a new group administrator
- Go to the admin view.
- Click administration in the left field.
- Under organisation you'll see all the different groups in your organisation.
- Either click your way to the desired group using the navigation under the group name or use the menu to the right to find it.
You should now have found the group that you would like to add an administrator to so here's how to do it:
- Click the field where it says 0 (or other value) administrators.
- Click add administrator.
- Find the user you would like to add as the administrator in the navigation or use the search field.
- Click the user.
- Click save.
Good to know
- By adding someone as a group admin he/she will also be group admin for all the sub groups in the hierarchy. Meaning that, if your "finance" department has four different groups in it you just need to add the person as administrator to the highest level and the same rules will apply to any sub groups.
- A user cannot be both administrator and user in the same group. If you add a group administrator that's already a user in the same group he/she will automatically be removed from the group.
2021-09-20 - Updated document with more details and pictures.