Adding administrators to groups is important to make sure that you have someone responsible that can get an overview of the group temperature, respond to comments and more. By adding group administrators, it also becomes easier to start discussing and working with the temperature.
Let's set up a new group administrator
- Go to the Admin view
- Click Administration in the left field
- Under Organisation you'll see all the different groups in your organisation
- Click your way to the desired group using the navigation, or search for the group
You should now have found the group that you would like to add an administrator to, so here's how to do it:
- Click Add users/administrators
- Find the user you would like to add as the administrator in the navigation, or use the search field
- Click on the user
- Click Add as administrator.
Is the user already in the group the user should be the group administrator for?
- Go to the Group
- Click on Users
- Click on the three dots next to the user
- Select Make administrator
Good to know
- By adding someone as a group admin, he/she will also be group admin for all the subgroups in the hierarchy. Meaning that, if your "finance" department has four different groups in it, you just need to add the person as administrator to the highest level and the same rules will apply to any subgroups.
- A user cannot be both administrator and user in the same group. If you add a group administrator that's already a user in the same group, he/she will automatically be removed from the group.
2023-01-19 - Added steps on how to convert user to administrator
2022-03-17 - Updated steps and pictures
2021-09-20 - Updated document with more details and pictures.